MaxEmerge 5 meter
Highly productive and efficient planting depends on optimum utilization of resources such as light, water, and other nutrients available in the soil. Accurate seed spacing provides optimum availability of these nutrients, which significantly increases productivity. With the objective to provide precision and reliability planting, John Deere has developed the MaxEmerge 5 meter.
Among its main benefits are:
- 10 percent better seed placement, due to its combination with the other planting row components
- Ability to plant seeds with more accuracy compared to mechanical meters
- Improved seed distribution across the row-unit
- Individual seed dosage to reduce skips and doubles
- Better crop standing
- Allows for planting several crops by changing the seed disk and adjusting the vacuum level
Pro-Shaft™ drive - flexible cable
This technology uses negative pressure to carry the seeds one by one to the seed disk cells or holes for population control. In addition, it is driven by the Pro-Shaft flexible cable, which does not require maintenance or adjustments.