The CommandQuad PLUS gearbox is an option on all 6M Cab Tractors. The CommandQuad PLUS Eco maintains the impressive reliability of an AutoQuad™ transmission while enhancing operator convenience and productivity through increased automatic shifting capabilities.
The transmission is equipped with 20 forward and 20 reverse (20F/20R) speeds for the top three models (24F/24R for the 4 cylinder models), a left-hand reverser, and four PowerShift gears in five fully synchronized ranges (6 range transmission for the less powerful models). The selected powershift is displayed on the digital display (1 to 4).
6M model in action
CommandQuad PLUS transmission
A: Thumb wheel located on gear selector lever – sets maximum tractor speed
B: Park brake lever
C: Gear range selection – change on the go
D: Gear lever – right-hand side for automatic, left-hand side for manually shifting
E: Engine speed scroll lever
The CommandQuad PLUS Eco operates at speeds as slow as 2.5 km/h (1.56 mph) with rolling circumference index (RCI) group 47 rear tires. Max speed is limited to 40km/h (25mph).
The speed chart demonstrates excellent gear overlapping capabilities. Similar results would be seen throughout the 6M range.
CommandQuad PLUS Eco
CommandQuad PLUS Eco
Control, operation, and fuel efficiency is optimised with this system. At maximum speed of 40km/h (24.9 mph), the eco system automatically reduces the engine speed to 1550 rpm (for the 6195M, with similar results throughout the range).
Running under partial load, this setting allows to adjust the minimum engine rpm
- Automatic lowering of engine rpm, if possible, under partial load allows to reduce fuel consumption
- For specific applications (either with PTO or without), engine speed droop can be shut off (eco off)
CommandQuad PLUS Eco benefits
- Fully automatic gear shifting without the use of a clutch
- Includes AutoClutch feature which increases ease of use
- Reduced noise level
- Less vibration
- Increased operator comfort
Possible to store any two set start gears
Multi range function – see link at bottom of page for more info
Required less range shifting compared to other transmission options
Ranges perfectly fitted to agricultural applications
Operating the CommandQuad PLUS Eco transmission
Once the tractor is started, the operator selects a range by pressing one of the range buttons on the control center. The ranges are labeled as letters: A, B, C and B-E/ B-F. The operator has the choice to select MultiRange, which allows seamless gear shifts and automatic range shifts without the use of a clutch or declutch button.
The gear speed can be selected by using the transmission control lever to shift to a desired gear. After setting the desired throttle position, the operator can move the left-hand reverser to the forward or reverse position to start movement. The operator can shift up or down through the gears in the selected range(s) as needed.
Initial start gear can be programmed through the digital display controls. Any two start gears may be stored.
This electronic engine-transmission communication smoothes the four-speed power shift steps. During upshifting, a slightly lower engine rpm than the current one is commanded by the transmission for a few milliseconds to match the right speed.
For down shift, the rpm is raised quickly and lowered again after the shifting has been completed. Soft shift is an intelligent system varying the degree of engine rpm reduction and increase depending on tractor load. The soft shift system can be turned off if required, for example during baling.
- The speed matching control unit selects the next appropriate power shift step after shifting a range up or down, depending on the current speed.
- The operator can adjust in the dashboard if speed matching should be on, off, or off when PTO is engaged.
- Speed matching is available at over 7 km/h (4.4 mph).
- Provides the operator with a seamless transition between range changes
Operating the transmission
Two operating modes: AUTO mode and manual mode
CommandQuad PLUS Eco features two different ways to operate transmission range and speed selections. In manual mode, the operator has the ability to shift through speeds and ranges without clutching by moving the control lever forward, toward the + indicator, or backward, toward the - indicator. In AUTO mode, the tractor shifts automatically at present shift points depending on engine load.
AUTO mode and manual mode
Full AUTO mode
Depending on load, full AUTO mode will optimize both the engine and transmission by selecting the appropriate gear and rpm to optimize fuel efficiency. The only input needed from the operator is to set the target ground speed by using the thumbwheel.
Load anticipation feature
A load anticipation feature is standard equipment on all tractors equipped with a CommandQuad PLUS Eco transmission. The load anticipation feature allows the CommandQuad PLUS Eco transmission to predict how much load the engine expects from the activation of the hitch or a particular selective control valve (SCV) function.
- Full auto mode — load anticipation always engaged
- Custom mode — operator can engage or disengage load anticipation (hitch, PTO, or SCVs)
Load anticipation is activated when:
- An SCV is commanded to flow more than 25 percent, or when it is in continuous flow, the tractor will boost the fuel economy engine speed.
- If the hitch is lowered (at a rate greater than 6 percent) or raised, the system will increase engine rpm if the engine speed is below 1500 rpm.
NOTE: The load anticipation feature also activates when using SCV or hitch functions programmed within iTEC™ application sequences.
NOTE: Refer to the operator's manual for complete instructions.
- The option to adjust the sensitivity provides the operator with higher comfort and choice to optimize the tractor depending on what application it is doing. For example, high sensitivity for low speed yard work and low sensitivity or OFF for transport of heavy loads in hilly conditions.
- Allowing higher operator performance and uptime in the field, removing the need to depress the clutch – more time to concentrate on other important aspects of the tasks.
For more information and transmission features, please view the Managing engine and transmission for maximum efficiency page.
AUTOCLUTCH FEATURE - EFFORTLESS OPERATION
Autoclutch feature at work
The clutch automatically separates when the brakes are actuated and engages when the brakes are released. However, AutoClutch is deactivated if single-wheel braking is used while engine speed is higher than approx. 900 rpm. This means: if single-wheel braking is used to make a turn (for example), the clutch is not activated while engine speed is higher than 900 rpm.
Changing the sensitivity setting of the AutoClutch alters the way in which the clutch separates automatically. This changes the time-lag between initiation of braking and the point in time when the clutch separates. If set correctly, this has a positive effect on braking characteristics when driving with a trailer. The lower the sensitivity, the greater the actuation of the trailer brake so that the hitched-up unit remains stretched. This also implies that more force is required to actuate the foot brake.
AutoClutch sensitivity may be adjusted between four different settings – Low, Medium, High and Off.